What times are the shows?
Times for our performances run as follows:
All evening performances:
Doors open: 6:00
Meal served: 6:00-7:30
Curtain up: 8:00
Doors open: 11:00
Meal served: 11:00 – 12:45
Curtain up: 1:15 p.m.
Doors open: 12:00 noon
Meal served: 12:00 – 1:30
Curtain up: 2:00 p.m.
What are the ticket prices?
At $50 for a four-star meal, a Broadway show and parking, the Alhambra is one of the best entertainment values in town! Heck, it’s $25 for just a movie, popcorn and a soda!
Individual ticket prices are as follows- 2014 Season Ticket Pricing
|Saturday & Sunday Matinees||$47.00 + tax|
|Sunday through Thursday Evenings||$49.95 + tax|
|Friday & Saturday Evening||$55.00 + tax|
|Children’s Price - Any show||$35.00 + tax (Ages 5-12)|
Group rates for parties of twenty or more are available by calling the box office directly at 904.641.1212. For more information on group rates, please click here
Are there season tickets available?
Yes! In fact, we think so highly of our season ticket holders that we consider them partners in our business. If it weren’t for our Season Partners, we’d have a hard time keeping this theater alive. Being a Season Partner is also the only way to save money on what is already a tremendous value. Depending on which level of Partnership you choose, you can save as much as $70 per person per season! Our Renaissance Partners are recognized with their names in the Playbill and, you are invited to the Gala Grand Opening events for each show. Our Royalty Partner level of membership even allows you to park up front, skip check-in lines, meet our stars! You can learn more about Season Partnerships by clicking here to go to our Season Partnerships page .
The Alhambra Dinner Theatre is now Alhambra Theatre and Dining. Why is the name different?
The Alhambra name has been synonymous in Jacksonville for exceptional live theater for over 40 years. We are known for our high quality performances…and thus the word “theatre” has taken a more prominent position in our name. That is not to say that the meal is getting secondary attention. In fact, with a brand new kitchen and the addition to our team of Executive Chef DeJuan Roy, the Alhambra is quickly becoming known as a culinary must-do! Plus, the word “Dining” connotes much more than dinner -- we have lunch at our matinees—so dining is more appropriate than just “dinner.” To learn more about the culinary experience, click here. To see our show schedule, click here.
What are your ticket policies?
To enhance the experience at Alhambra Theatre and Dining, below is our ticketing and admission policy. A ticket purchase and your entrance to the theatre indicates that you accept and will adhere to these policies for the benefit of all:
- For all other shows, as a courtesy to our performers and other patrons, children under the age five (including infants) are not permitted in the theatre. During our summer family show or any other show indicated, we lower the age to three.
- All patrons must have a seat, including children. For safety, children are not allowed to sit on a parents lap.
- While we want you to be comfortable, an evening at the Alhambra is an elegant affair and we encourage a standard of tasteful, business casual dress. Men should wear long pants and collared shirts. Sport jackets for men are encouraged, although no ties are required.
- Credit Cards will be charged at the time of your purchase, and all sales are Non-Refundable. This ticket can be refunded only in the event that the Alhambra Theatre and Dining changes the attraction playing on the date for which the ticket was issued.
- Seats may be exchanged for another performance with a minimum 24-hour advance cancellation notice is given prior to first scheduled attendance. This gives us an opportunity to offer your seat for sale to others wishing to attend, as many performances sell out. If you wish to change your reservation with less than 24 hours remaining before the intended performance, a $15 fee will be charged for changing your reservation. The remaining balance will be kept on file with us to be used as a House credit, only to be used for future performances. This cannot be used for tip, or beverage purchases. In the event that you are a no-show without notice, NO exchanges, credits or refunds will be issued. If a ticket exchange is made for a lesser price admission, no refund or credit will be issued for the difference. In the event of an exchange for a higher priced admission, the additional due will be collected by Alhambra Theatre & Dining prior to admission.
- Purchase to a performance is a revocable license and may be taken up and admission refused upon refunding the purchase price appearing hereon.
- If you are late to a performance, timing of seating you at your table will be at the discretion of the Theatre so as to cause minimal disruption to other theatre patrons and to the actors.
- Due to restrictions in place by Actor's Equity Association, photography and the use of recording devices are prohibited during the show.
- As a courtesy to other patrons, please remember to silence all cell phones prior to the performance.
“We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. When conducting your transaction online, we may collect personally identifiable information. For your protection and security, we also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. Any financial data is kept only to properly record your transaction, and your payment card information is never kept on site, nor is it ever transmitted to anyone or any company.“Your payment and personal information are always safe. Our Secure SocketsLayer (SSL) software is industry standard and among the best softwareavailable today for secure commerce transactions, and regular updates are performed to maintain this security. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.”
What about the Alhambra has changed?
When we bought the Alhambra in 2009, our goal was simply – and only -- to improve upon the experience. We have become fond of saying, “every thing you see, touch, taste and hear is new.” And that holds true from the silverware to the chairs to the sound and light system.
You’ll find new paint inside and out, new carpet, new restrooms (including one with family access), new theater walls, new tablecloths, flatware, glasses, plates and seating. Along with the “big-picture” items, we have also addressed many not-so-visible items: the steps are easier to navigate, our fire alarm system has been upgraded, we took out several tables to increase the roominess in many seating areas. Our coffee and beverage service equipment is new, a completely new computerized sales and seating computer system has been implemented and several procedural changes that our staff are now utilizing, are all making the Alhambra experience more enjoyable for you.
Perhaps our biggest “product” change is the culinary experience. With the addition of Executive Chef DeJuan Roy, you’ll find The Alhambra comparable than any great restaurant in town. We’ve added a new kitchen and retired the buffet – making way for fresher food, served to your table. We also have the ability to create (upon advance order) specialty items for those with dietary needs. Each menu now contains a vegetarian option as well as noted with gluten free options. Vegan, and diabetic can be addressed with 24 hours notice.
You’ll also find our new Library Lounge, complete with cozy seating and working fireplace. We’re told it reminds one of a Carolina mountain lodge, and it’s the perfect place to unwind with a drink before or after a show.
Are you finished making changes yet?
Continuous improvement is our mantra. So while most of the visual improvements are evident like our recently completed garden and fountain--there are still many behind the scenes (ok- bad pun, but oh so accurate!) changes taking place. It takes a lot of work and continued investment to keep the theatre in top shape, and we appreciate your ongoing support to make it all possible.
Can you tell me about the food experience at the new Alhambra?
When we opened under new management in 2009, we recognized that we had to greatly improve the food quality and the dining experience. We initially partnered with local legend, Chef Matthew Medure, to whom we are forever thankful for helping us right the ship. Matt was integral to helping us turn around the initial dining experience and to help restore the faith in the “dining” side of the Alhambra Theatre & Dining.
In November of 2011, we completed the second phase of the Alhambra’s rebirth and built our own kitchen – and with that, brought in our own head chef. The Alhambra Theatre & Dining now preparers its own food in its own kitchen under the leadership of former 95 Cordova Executive Chef and now Alhambra Executive Chef, DeJuan Roy. DeJuan even brought with him his own staff, including Sous Chef Christine Seely.
Chef DeJuan creates for each production a new menu highlighting the show’s themes. We have also retired the Alhambra’s buffet meals, and initiated a plated meal, served to your table. Plus, having its own kitchen and staff provides the Alhambra an opportunity to host special events such as luncheons, fundraisers, corporate outings, weddings and parties, Smith said. It will also allow the Alhambra to better match special dietary needs and requests. So far, so good! Critics, bloggers and customers are all raving about the dining experience at the Alhambra. In fact, if it made any sense, we’d call it the Alhambra Theatre & Culinary!
Is there a bar or somewhere to relax before a show?
During the transformation process we built the Library Lounge. Reminiscent of a Carolina mountain lodge, you’ll find cozy leather furniture, a working fireplace and a fully stocked bar. Bobby, our head bartender, makes a mean martini – or a Shirley Temple! We’ve got a great wine list with selections like Cakebread, J. Lohr and Silver Oak. We find our guests like to come in early for a drink and some conversation or stay after the show – sometimes getting to meet the cast!
Are the Alhambra shows the same great quality?
While we did enhance the experience with state of the art sound and lighting, we couldn’t change success! The Alhambra has always been known for its high quality theatrical productions and creative mastermind, Tod Booth, will continue to be the creative behind all of our stage talent. His unique abilities to locate existing talent and find new up-and-comers will continue to be an integral part of the Alhambra theatrical offering. We are so pleased that he has agreed to stay with us, and we are certain that you will continue to enjoy the professional theatre you have come to expect at the Alhambra.
We’ve added one more component that improves upon the Alhambra experience: we have been bringing back guest stars. The Alhambra stage has been home to so many great performers: Bob Denver (Gilligan), Sid Caesar, Omar Sharif, Bob Crane (Hogan’s Heroes) have all graced the stage at the Alhambra. Betty Grable made her very last appearance right here on the Alhambra Stage. We have also launched the careers of many a star right here on the Alhambra stage—including Leanza Cornett—former Miss America and TV star of Animal Planet. We’ve recently added to that list of legends Loretta Swit, Barry Williams, Jamie Farr and Sally Struthers. We are committed to continuing this wonderful Alhambra tradition.
Are new shows coming?
What is your Dress code?
Alhambra is the occasion to get dressed up and enjoy an amazing evening of fine dining and Broadway quality productions. We ask for business casual attire with no jeans, t-shirts or flip-flops.
I have a comment, where do I send it?
How do I audition for upcoming shows?