Auditions can be a learning experience and when the creative folks at the theater are looking for budding talent, this is the page to come to.
Please also note that the Box Office staff typically do not have any information about auditions. We politely request you not call the box office as we need to keep these lines free for our guests to purchase tickets. Thank you!
CASTING CALL NOTICE: “9 to 5”
- Location: Alhambra Theatre & Dining, 12000 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32246
- Time: Monday, July 27, 2015, 1 to 5 PM
- Rehearsals: September 7, 2015
- Opening/Close: September 16 – October 18, 2015
- Personnel: Producer/Director – Tod Booth, Musical Director – Cathy Murphy Giddens, Choreographer – James Kinney
- Contract: Dinner Theatre, Alhambra Agreement, $611.00/ week, Equity minimum
- Seeking: All roles open. A cast of 20, 12 Principal roles, 8 chorus (4 men and 4 women). Looking for versatile adult actors who sing and dance.
- Breakdown: This notice does not have a breakdown.
- Preparation: Please prepare 16 bar audition in the modern musical theatre style. You will be asked to learn a dance combination. Bring jazz shoes if possible. Also provide a head shot and resume, stapled together.
- Other: Housing is available for a limited number of actors.
* Non- union actors will be seen, if time permits.
- Date: Monday, June 29, 2015
- Time: 1 to 5 pm
- Location: The Alhambra Theatre, 12000 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, Florida 32246.
- Rehearsals: August 3, 2015
- Opening: August 12, 2015
- Closing: September 6, 2015
All roles are open except for Edward P. Dowd which will be played by Charles Shaughnessy.
Prepared comedic monologue is suggested. Those auditioning may be asked to read from the script.
The Alhambra is an Equity Dinner Theatre with a minimum scale of $611.00 per week for union actors.
Limited housing is available for out of town actors.
Tod Booth, Producer/Director.